Human Resources
Policies and Procedures Manual

Departmental Responsibility: Human Resources; Payroll
Topic: Reissue/Lost Check
Policy: Reissue/Lost Check
October 01, 2006
Last Revised Date:

Should an employee lose a check or need a stop payment placed on a check to be reissued, the employee must complete the Request for Stop Payment and Replacement of Payroll Check form. The form is located on the HR Payroll Website. There is a $5.00 fee for this transaction.
After the form is completed, it should be sent to HR Attn: Payroll. Only original signatures can be collected, i.e., no faxed copies. Payroll will issue a stop payment on the check. If the check has not already been cashed, a void/reissue will be completed. The replacement check will then be given to the employee.

The language used in this document does not create an employment contract between the employee and the agency. The document does not create any contractual rights or entitlements. The agency reserves the right to revise the content of this document, in whole or in part. No promises or assurances, whether written or oral, which are contrary or inconsistent with the terms of this paragraph create any contract of employment.